This month, the third wave of Coronavirus gives Hong Kong a great hit. Approximately 50 cases were recorded every day and 2 cases of death were reported. Meanwhile, around the world, more than 15 million cases have been diagnosed. Under this devastating situation, the government had no ways but to tighten the current measures of social distancing for combating the epidemic.
Here is a recap of the updated measures:
- All public transport passengers required to wear masks, with offenders facing up to HK$5,000 fine.
- Ban on dine-in service from 6 p.m. until 5 a.m., with only four people allowed per table in restaurants.
- Closure of bars and 12 other types of premises, including gyms, karaoke lounges, as well as Ocean Park and Hong Kong Disneyland.
- Scale back public gatherings from fifty people to four.
- Empower health minister to require passengers from high-risk countries to produce test results showing they are free of Covid-19 before boarding flight to Hong Kong.
In an Office
The enclosed area of an office is favourable for the spread of the virus. In order to stay and work healthy, here are some points that everyone should note.
- Sanitise your hands frequently
When the germs enter your environment and attach on shared objects, you can contract the virus anytime. Do wash your hands with soap or hand sanitiser frequently to keep them clean.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Wear a facemask properly
Symptoms of COVID-19 are sometimes unobvious. A facemask should be worn at all times to prevent the spread of disease in office.
- Keep the Toilet Lid Closed
During toilet flushing, some fraction of the aerosol droplets produced could contain microbes. Microbes come from infectious diseases from whatever is in that toilet bowl. For the safety of yourself, do close the toilet lid before flushing.
In our Coworking Space
Despite the current measures mentioned in the previous blogs, the WYND Team will regularly sanitise the shared objects like thermometer and pens to maintain members’ health. All visitors must sign the health declaration form before entering our space. In the office, the used cutlery will also be washed thoroughly to ensure they are in hygienic conditions.
Alone we can do so little, but with the joint effort of all members in the space, it is believed that we can all play vital roles in combating the epidemic. Let’s stay strong together in times of difficulties and be hopeful to witness the end of the epidemic.
See you all @WYND.